Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a growing electric utility cooperative located in northeastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year-round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. Offering a “four tens” work schedule, great benefits, and a generous retirement program this is a unique opportunity for a rewarding career with an exciting organization. UEC is seeking a full-time IT Analyst III to be located at the utility office in the growing community of Hermiston Oregon.
Position will remain open until filled.
This IT Analyst III – System Administrator is responsible for embracing and supporting the vision and mission of the cooperative and the department. Provides reliable, high performance, integrated systems and applications. Provides exceptional end user support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include other duties as assigned.
· Designs, engineers, administers, monitors and supports all systems. Uses programming/scripting languages and database queries to provide solutions.
· Documents all implementations, standards and changes.
· Suggests standards, practices and procedures for continual improvement in delivering all IT services.
· Maintains an in-depth understanding of the system’s architecture and integration to other systems, planning and implementing upgrades.
· Engages actively with third party support vendors for database/application support, incident resolution or changes. Maintains an in-depth understanding of the environment and discusses all issues/requests in detail with the managed service provider until resolved.
· Initiates and engages in active discussions with the business units to analyze business needs, and thoroughly outline technology improvements within the context of current and future business needs.
· Performs Service Desk Analyst function by taking calls/emails and handling Incidents or Service Requests using current tools and procedures for recording and tracking all Incidents and Requests.
· Identifies own work based on broad direction and department’s priorities. Day to day work is self-initiated and self-directed.
· Champions, adheres to and suggests changes and improvements to defined IT policies and
· Collaborates with peers on problem solving, brainstorming, projects and troubleshooting. Analyzes and solves routine to moderately complex problems independently. Analyzes and solves highly complex problems both independently and in a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Working knowledge of current releases of Microsoft Windows desktop OS and office products. Working knowledge of Windows Server administration, Azure, O365, SCCM, Powershell and similar products. Working knowledge of database theory, queries, scripting or programming languages.
One or more of the following:
· 7+years implementation/administration/support of business/accounting/billing/customer service systems and iSeries administration.
· 7+years implementation/administration/support of Engineering/Operations applications used in a power utility, with thorough working knowledge of electrical power systems. Working knowledge of basic Windows Server administration.
· 7+ years design/implementation/administration/support of Microsoft Active Directory and Servers, Linux Servers, Microsoft products, VMware platforms, storage platforms/backups, datacenter DR and BC.
UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and the salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Come join a growing business in the energy distribution field that is community minded and become part of our proud and successful Utility Management team!