Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive electric utility cooperative located in northeastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. UEC is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to be located at the utility office in Hermiston Oregon.
This position is responsible for supporting general services of the department. This position interacts with customers, members and multiple departments within the company to complete technical/administrative tasks and projects. Works with interdisciplinary personnel to assist with and solve complex technical issues. The Technical Administrative Assistant must be flexible and responsive to direction from team leaders within the company and have a work attitude that promotes cooperative department and inter-department relationships. Adaptable to varied workloads, prioritized tasks, independent decision making. Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides efficient, accurate, high-level technical administrative support for member construction work requests, new/potential member interaction and work flow processing. Seeks direction when needed.
· Assists in the tracking of construction work package processes, from the beginning of construction through completion, including preparation of as-built designs and other data update aiding to the timely accurate completion of work packages.
· Ensures customer/member requests for work are promptly, professionally and competently managed.
· Assists with development and production of project documents, reviews work packages for completeness and provides assistance when necessary to assure work flows are adequate and member friendly.
· Assist with routine updates of construction specifications, to assure material lists and numbers are accurate and current.
· Assist in keeping materials and equipment up to date within the proper UEC systems, including special equipment, poles, transformers, meters, lights, etc.
· Interacts with consultant/contractors for permits, easements, material and other relevant information as needed.
· Gathers and analyzes reports and data provided by others to produce summarized, presentable reports for management review for the development of improvement of policies, processes, and programs.
· Assists in obtaining permits or right-of-way easements for UEC construction projects.
· Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills required in working with members, customers, or coworkers of the same or different department, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
· Assists with meeting coordination and general correspondence, both internally and externally. Schedules accordingly and supports meetings as requested
· Directs and assists staff and other departments with detailed operation evaluation of events, practices, and equipment
· Maintains strict confidentiality regarding customer expansions and/or acquisitions, matters of personnel and matters identified as confidential in the context of corporate operation and planning.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; additional related experience may be substituted for education.
Minimum of five (5) years of technical support/administrative assistant/secretarial experience. Electric Cooperative experience is preferred.