Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive Electric Utility Cooperative located in North Eastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year-round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. UEC is seeking a full-time Land Use Specialist to be located at the utility office in Hermiston Oregon. UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and a 4 day, 10 hour a day work week
The Land Use Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the property and property rights obtained by the Cooperative are tracked, obtained, and secured accurately, timely and in accordance with policies and procedures. This position will work closely with others to provide support for the preparation of construction work packages, identifying and resolving Right-of-Way issues, discrepancies and conflicts, while ensuring the continual communication of these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include other duties as assigned.
· Ensures easements and permits from landowners and regulatory agencies are tracked regularly, obtained timely, and recorded properly.
· Responsible for timely development and accurate production of supporting project documents related to land use that are necessary for substation, transmission, and/or distribution construction work packages.
· Responsible for reading, writing, interpreting, and drawing Metes and Bounds descriptions in order to maintain map files, GIS layers, writing easements, and related records and databases.
· Must produce accurate maps or plats for the GIS Department in order to keep engineering data bases such as map files, GIS layers and related records up to date.
· Ensures projects are completed per regulatory agency requirements and/or obligations.
JOB DUTIES may include other duties as assigned.
· Expected to maintain knowledge of easement law, land ownership rights, title, easement descriptions and the processes involved with obtaining such.
· Responsible for measuring, recording, and calculating data based upon information collected for permits, easements, or plats.
· Expected to produce maps, diagrams, and reports as requested for field operations or UEC staff.
· Property acquisition as needed for UEC expansion.
· Workload must have balance of volume and accuracy in all aspects of the job.
· Expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology, standards and job-related information. Participates in local professional group meetings, online professional listservs, stays abreast of new trends and innovations within the industry and in related hardware/software that provide value-added benefit to the Cooperative.
· Requires self-motivation and a willingness to function as a team member with the ability to interact well with the general public and various agencies. Conducts themselves in a manner that reflects well on UEC and contributes to harmonious relations with members.
· Must uphold excellent communication skills, including: presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills required when working with members, customers, or coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
· Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associate's degree from two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Five (5) years of applicable land-use/right-of-way experience and/or training in a related field is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to work with concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions to practical situations, buffers, network connectivity and flow, query structures, and measurements related to various coordinate systems.
· Has advanced specialized computer skills that require mastery of applicable software in such fields such as Computer Aided Design (“CAD”), electric utility system design software, GIS, analytical engineering software, and web based training.
· Familiarity with electrical utility systems and ArcMap or similar mapping software is preferred. Familiarity with web mapping services, mobile mapping solutions, modeling/scripting, and working with multiple data formats is preferred.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical descriptions/instructions, work or service orders, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to colleagues, management, the public, and/or boards of directors.
· A valid Driver’s License is required for occasional business travel.
Your application was submitted successfully.